On May 10th 2014 the largest Assault Course on Earth will again be assembled within the grounds of England’s finest Elizabethan Country Estate. Anyone can challenge themselves on this purpose built obstacle course and afterwards, we’re throwing open the doors to all those who attempt it and their supporters, to join us at sport’s most notorious after-party complete with colossal Festival camp-site, camping, a killer live music programme and an enormous beer tent. Welcome back to Dirty Weekend – it’s bigger, bolder and badder than ever. Expect 20 miles, 200 obstacles, some old favourites from 2013, some brand new obstacle zones and of course, one or two record-breakers. And for afterwards, don’t worry – we’re starting to stock the beer tent already!
The gauntlet has been thrown down and the Dirty Weekend course record is set at 02:51:59. Can you take the title in 2014? Or will you join the 3 Super-humans who defeated the World’s longest monkey bars?
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. It is these costs that calculate the event entry fee.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It allows you to swap your entry to another participant or change your team members without incurring any further costs.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose.
– This fee covers the costs of operating the following
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20% – Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata. – How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket and there will not be any entry fees or Administration fees to pay when registering.
• Sign up for standard membership and save 15% on solo entries. Raise money for our charity partner Cancer Research UK* and save £10 if you raise £100 (Adventure Runs) on solo entries or £50 if you raise £500 (Endurance Events)
* Not applicable to all events